Homemade Naan and beef stew
It was a chilly night, I had some sadly overcooked (originally beautiful Fresh Market ribeyes), and a need to make room in my fridge. I love how a stew is on a chilly night, plus the bonus of being one of the best meals to clear out a fridge.....making use of the carrots, celery, and half-cut onion in my veggie drawer, plus move out that container that holds the leftover bone-in ribeyes. And for me, the bag of veggie scraps I keep for stock. Skins of onions and garlic, tops of carrots, random pieces of celery; all placed in a pot with water for beautiful, nutrient rich broth- it’s so worth the veggie drawer storage space! And oh, how that stock revitalizes those overdone ribeyes!
But on to the Naan! Since I knew I was going to end up with this rich stew, I also soon realized I would need a bread- and really only something fresh baked would hold up to something so rich. We were just home from school....and while I had done some prepping for the stew, I hadn’t thought of the bread until I walked in and smelled the bone broth stock...
But I’m new to the bread making...only really dabbling in two previous recipes. One for sandwich bread, and one for this super fun no- knead crusty bread. My brother's family makes sourdough, from sourdough yeast he’s grown himself(!), but I only dabble in basic yeast recipes. But I felt I could think of something, and for some reason Naan popped into my head...quick google search and Ta-dah!!!....
Naan only requires a 1 hour rise time!
Then turn it out, cut into 8ths like a pizza pie, and roll each piece out...
On a hot cast iron and characteristic Naan bubbles start to form....
Flip, pull, rub with garlic (and brush with butter if you’re me)....and serve!
Perfect for the soup, right Merek??
Ama is a little extra proud in these photos because she helped to make it...learning how to thicken and how to caramelize.... so fun 🥰
We will definitely be making Naan again!








Comments
Post a Comment